Permavoid Geocellular System
The Permavoid system comprises of high strength modular cells suitable for sub-base replacement, plus components that incorporate silt/ oil treatment and shallow flow controls into the system.
It can be used in place of a traditional aggregate sub-base within trafficked pavements, providing a unique high strength, consistent structural raft in accordance with BS7533-13:2009.
The geocellular structures have a void ratio up to 95%, greatly enhancing the pavement's attenuation capacity and reducing aggregate requirements in hydraulic pavements. The system is suitable beneath asphaltic, block-paved or concrete pavements and for the full range of traffic conditions from domestic driveways to highways.
Features & benefits
- Designed and tested for retention, attenuation or infiltration at shallower depths
- Effective source control
- Can be installed above a high water table
- Allows water to spread across a site
- Ideal for brownfield or contaminated sites
- Can remove silt and hydrocarbon deposits
- Removed the requirement for pumping stations
- Oil interception at source, no petrol interceptors
- Integrates with Polystorm geocellular solutions for deeper applications
- High compressive and tensile strength under load
- Suitable beneath both porous and non-porous surfaces
- Reduces excavation depth and cost
- No need for trench supports or associated plant