Ridgitreat Treatment Pipes
Enhanced Stormwater Treatment
Ridgitreat surface water treatment pipes are designed to complement the Ridgidrain range. They provide enhanced stormwater treatment when incorporated into SuDS applications, including:
- Infrastructure projects for roads and rail
- Residential and commercial schemes as part of a wider SuDS solution
Ridgitreat comprises of perforated HDPE plain ended Ridgidrain twinwall surface water drainage pipe, wrapped in Permafilter Geotextile. The semi-permeable Permafilter Geotextile is engineered to catch, filter and break down hydrocarbons such as oil and petrol from surface water, before infiltrating into the surrounding soil.
Pollutants in Surface Water
Surface water run-off from hard standing areas may contain many pollutants such as nitrates, heavy metals and hydrocarbons. With traditional drainage systems this polluted water would typically enter the local environment, having an adverse effect on the quality of the receiving water body.
Liquid hydrocarbons such as oil, petrol and diesel are a major polluter of the water environment. The Pollution Prevention Guide (PPG) April 2006 gives guidance on hydrocarbon separation.
Improving Water Quality
Utilising Ridgitreat can reduce the risk of environmental damage at source, for permeable and non-permeable areas, enhancing the quality of surface water to reduce pollution, facilitate compliance with British Standards and provide an effective alternative to end of line oil separators whilst protecting biodiversity.
Ridgidrain is manufactured to SN6 with a predicted design life in excess of 60 years. The system is resistant to the most common chemicals found in surface water run-off. Permafilter Geotextile is capable of retaining oil contamination ranging from daily car drip losses to catastrophic spillages. The dimpled Permafilter Geotextile comprises a proprietary blend of hydrophilic (water attracting and oil repellent) and hydrophobic (oil attracting and water repellent) polyester fibres, with properties to achieve superior oil retention. The entrapped hydrocarbons are biodegraded by naturally occurring microorganisms providing a self-cleansing mechanism.
- Car parks
Features & Benefits
- A range of pipes and fittings available from 100mm - 300mm
- Ridgidrain is BBA and BBA HAPAS approved
- Ridgidrain is Network Rail Parts and Drawing Systems (PADS) approved
- Captures residual hydrocarbons and removes pollutants by biodegradation
- Enhances water quality when used as part of a source control sustainable drainage system and eliminates the need for end of line petrol interceptors
- Structured wall design for high ring stiffness and strength
- Manufactured to SN6 with a predicted design life in excess of 100 years
- Smooth bore giving excellent hydraulic properties
- EPDM sealed sealing rings
- Longer lengths so fewer joints for improved resilience to leakage
- Light weight for reduced transport/installation costs and improved Health & Safety benefits
- Incorporates recycled plastic
- Resistant to ground movement and differential settlement